Assessing attitude towards infrastructure


Assessing attitude towards school infrastructure in rural areas is my present project. In this connection, I initially visited Ananda ashram Sarada school at Bonhooghly on 17 th May. There, I found group learning situation for classess IV and V. All the students were happy in this condition. It helps in getting feedback from friends of similar age through face to face communication. It appears to me that congested condition in their sitting did not disturb their performance. Next I met some of the teachers. From them, I learned that students coming from poor socio economic status are usually better in mathematics with non mental maths. As I assumed, it is noted that students having high difficulty in linguistic expression scored poor in mathematics.
I prepared one bengali version questionnaire based on the theory, experiences and interview with the teachers of above school.
Next day, 18 th May, I met Dr. Sandhya Das, officer in charge of DIET, Joynagar with questionnaire. She introduced me with group of trainers. From them, I leaned that teachers are getting financial resource to purchase teaching learning materials and they are currently trained with such educational system.
From there, I came to New administrative building and collected few books from the secretary of SSA. He was very much cooperative to my cause.

22 nd May
Went to Bikash Bhawan and applied for permission to collect data from rural schools.



6th May
Jt. Secy of school advised to furnish following details.
1. Name and photo of the investigators signed by institute authority;
2. Names of sample districts.

7th May
1. Physical infrastructure : Safety, comfort, adequacy and fatigue
2. Information sharing infra : Creativity, self exploration
3. Knowledge sharing : Responsibility, reliability besides above.
4. Health infrastructure: reliability, validity, safety.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of songs in slideshow on Rabindrasangeet

My first book inauguration

Martin Seligman and Positive Psychology