Inspiration came from my student

Yes! He was a hard task master, greatest critique of my work when I
was trying to develop the concept of Spiritual health of
Organization based on Indian ethos, he has made me cry day in and
day out and was the person who was never satisfied with my quality
of work!!. But ALL THESE BEHAVIOUR OF HIS WAS A BLESSING OF HIM
SHOWERED TO ME IN DISGUISE as it made me more self reliant,
assertive, more divergent thinker. As we moved through various
phases of research sir BECAME MY GREATEST SOURCE OF INSPIRATION as
he chiseled out all the potentialities in me as a researcher.

He made me experience ALL THE SORROWS, PAINS AND JOYS OF RESEARCH
and the day I saw my thesis in the bounded volume , it was an out of
the world feeling, may be a feeling very similar a mother has when
she sees her child is born! My research work is really my baby whom
I have nurtured through the gestation period of five and half years,
under the guidance of sir, whose way of guidance prevented me from
taking wrong steps in many aspects of research.

The insight that he has developed in me has given me the knowledge
to undertake and guide research projects in the esteemed management
school of IIT Kharagpur. I really feel proud as the first research
scholar of Dr. Dutta Roy.

I also see the joy in his face when he speaks about myself and
Manjishtha and the work we did in the field of spiritual health or
cognitive psychology.

I would like to share with all my research scholar friends that it
is we, our work and what we become in life that make our guides/
teachers proud and not what they are !.I feel the relationship
between a research scholar and the guide is a lifetime bonding which
emerges into a synergistic relationship where both of them
contribute together to develop the field of knowledge and wisdom.

I take this opportunity of the auspicious occasion of Teachers' Day
to pay my humble accolade to Sir, and other teachers from whom I
have learned and whose guidance made me grow as a person.

Dr. Susmita Mukhopadhyay
Assistant Professor
Vinod Gupta School of management
Indian Institute of Technology
Kharagpur
India

susmita@vgsom. iitkgp.ernet. in

__._,_.___

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of songs in slideshow on Rabindrasangeet

My first book inauguration

Martin Seligman and Positive Psychology